Cheshire Golf switches from intelligentgolf to nooQ Golf & Golf Genius
Our key challenge was to find a reliable partner to deliver a site that provided seamless integration with Golf Genius as well as features we wanted on the news and social media side of the site. With one full time staff member and a small number of volunteers, ensuring validity of the site content was a constant challenge.
It was immediately evident that nooQ had a very clear understanding of what a county golf union needed from its website. Graeme had already done quite a large amount of preparatory work and had created a prototype site which encompassed most of the functionality we needed. This immediately gave us confidence that nooQ would deliver what we needed.
NooQ understood that we are an organisation largely run by volunteers and adopted a development process that wasn’t too formal and didn’t therefore place a big overhead on us. They also went beyond their remit on several occasions by completing tasks that were strictly our responsibility. This really helped.
The project ran very smoothly. NooQ created a simple task list with associated responsibilities, and the site came together very quickly. NooQ also exported much of the content from our old site which we were then able to update as required. We were very happy with nooQ’s approach and their understanding that as volunteers we were not always able to complete tasks immediately. Graeme was very easy to work with and the whole project was a real success from our perspective, delivering a modern and attractive site in a short timescale.
“nooQ have a very strong understanding of what we want, and this resulted in the rapid deployment of a very professional site.
Their ethos of continuous improvement is evident in the suggestions they put forward to improve site administration processes and generally make things easier for us.
We are very confident that nooQ will be an excellent partner for us in developing our visibility on the web and in social media and potentially in other areas.
We would not hesitate to recommend nooQ to other counties or clubs.”
How was the project?
The project ran very smoothly. nooQ created a simple task list with associated responsibilities, and the site came together very quickly. nooQ also exported much of the content from our old site which we were then able to update as required.
We were very happy with nooQ’s approach and their understanding that as volunteers we were not always able to complete tasks immediately. Graeme was very easy to work with and the whole project was a real success from our perspective, delivering a modern and attractive site in a short timescale.
What’s been the difference ?
The integration of Golf Genius is the key improvement. We now have everything where we want it and site visitors can find what they want within a couple of clicks. Integration with Twitter and Instagram is also a big plus. We are focussing more on social media and this really support that objective.
The site is also visually more attractive. Posts look much better and we have numerous options for presenting images and videos etc. This has resulted in visitors viewing more pages, which is positive and encourages us to publish more news articles.
Our experience so far is that ongoing change requests and queries are responded to in a much quicker timescale. NooQ also suggest improvements to us which is very refreshing.
- Changed the structure and information flow to focus on County Club golfer needs
- Show in 1-2 clicks – Key Visitors and Purpose of Visit
- County Player (Show me – events, schedule, news and results)
- County Official (Show me – Manage events, Update news, auto publish on social media)
- General County Information (Show me – county history, official documents, member clubs, county card)
- Parent / Planner/ Check Rules (Show me – Schedule, Directions, Key Contacts, Policies & Rules)
- Fully new modern design, using stunning free images and videos
- Latest diary, upcoming events, sync to phone/laptop diary, enter event
- Full Golf Genius Section & Integration
- Leaderboard, Event List, Register – Displays live leaderboard or countdown to next event
- Member Clubs
- stunning video and images with directions and contact details
- Social Feeds
- (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Tiktok) – all integrated on website.
- Publish once on website, auto publish on 15 social networks
- Diary to share automatically share posts in future by date and by social network
Delving into Cheshire’s Rich Golfing History
We’ve woven the captivating history of Cheshire into our website, showcasing mesmerizing images, video clips, and tales of distinguished players who’ve represented the county. Among them are tour professionals like Paul Waring, David Horsey, Jamie Donaldson, and Matt Jordan. There are also remarkable amateurs such as Roy Smethurst and Gordon Edwards, whose achievements might surprise you. And did you know? The renowned Stableford scoring system originated right in Cheshire at the Wallasey Golf Club.
- Visitors now spending 4:20 Average
- over 4 mins per visit is extremely high, most web sites are viewed on avg 20-30 seconds
- Previous site 0:52
- Visitors viewing 6.60 pages per visit
- Consistently high returning visitors (avg 97 per day first two months)
- Mobile 63% most popular device and 84% of visitors using Safari & Chrome
- Consistent time spent on site 3-4 minutes per visit, whether on mobile, desktop & tablet meaning site works on all devices
2023 Was a Big Summer for Cheshire
With Royal Liverpool hosting the 2023 Open Championship as if that wasn’t enough for Cheshire Golf they also had some fantastic feature blog articles on Cheshire Golf on the local hero Matt Jordan who finished top 10 and also a look behind the scenes with James Bledge, the Royal Liverpool Links Manager